One of the benefits of having Maisie is being able to blame pretty much everything on the puppy. "Who chewed on the remote?", Maisie I would reply. Who ate the last piece of pie?, Maisie of course. Who pooped in the corner? You guessed it, Maisie.
Yes, life is good having little Maisie to blame things on, I can get away with pretty much everything. So far Dakota and Zoey have not caught on to this game, they are behaving themselves like good girls, but I am taking full advantage! Who can blame me really? Sweet little Maisie gets all the attention. She eats all her food and she gets praised; Good girl Maisie. She comes when called, then gets a treat. She goes to the bathroom outside and gets a pat on the head. I do all those things to and get nothing! No praise, no treat, no pat on the head! Who can blame me if I take advantage of the situation and blame things on Maisie once in a while.
Puppy training is two steps forward one step back, there are wins and losses, but the wins are getting more frequent and losses less frequent. Anyone who has owned a Frenchie knows what I speak of. The normal stages of dog ownership are; Puppy (0-8 months), Adolescent (8-18 months, Young Adult (1.5 years-4 years), Maure Adult (4-7 years) and Senior (7+ years). Of course, this varies from breed to breed and even individual dogs.
The Frenchie has totally different stages starting out at the cute and cuddly puppy stage, then comes the velociraptor stage (4-12 months). This is the stage where they terrorize the house ripping things apart and making noises that could only come from a velociraptor. If you survive this stage, you are rewarded with the Stubborn stage (2-4 years) where they will do whatever they want with no regard to what you want. Then finally, comes the stage you have been waiting for. The stage why you wanted a Frenchie in the first place; The Potato stage (4+ years). This is the stage that Zoey is at, she just lays around next to you or on your lap all day long only getting the zoomies once or twice a day.
I have a couple videos for you this week. We will start off with this short one of Zoey using Maisie as a dust mop.
Last but not least, is the downstairs bathroom where she made this shelf out of more sugar pine.
I am plugging away at the trim on the garage. The soffit and facia are all done, as are the gable rakes on both ends and the last piece of red I needed to put up. Now I am working on the corner trim. With luck, I will have picture of the completed garage for you next time!
Ryan, Alana, Dan and Bonnie came over for the Vikings/Packer game last Sunday. Oh my gosh did we have a good time. Three Frenchies, two labs and 6 people. Too hard to get pictures and videos of the dogs as they were racing around like crazy for the first hour or so.
Once they settled down the antics began. When Alana was not looking Barb snuck a Packers jersey on Sophie. Both Alana and Sophie were mortified!
Not to be outdone, Alana had brought some antics of her own, dressing Zoey and Maisie up in the dreaded purple and gold!
Throughout the game, we ate and ate and ate, had a few cocktails and played dice games while we watched the game in the background.
The Vikings were getting pounded, it was not looking good. I kept telling Alana that we were a 2nd half team and we would come back. And come back we did! The Vikings scored 22 unanswered points to bring us our first victory of the year. Alana was so overjoyed she even did the Vikings theme song for us!
Good times. Then yesterday, we get this picture from Alana....
She had stolen our Packers jersey! She says it was because she never wants to see her precious Sophie ever humiliated with it again, but we know better. She is really a closet Packers fan!
Friday night, you guessed it, Queen of Hearts at the VFW. $116,000! This week we were joined by not only Dan and Bonnie, but also Kevin and Cheryl and Neighbor Jim and Carmen. With only 6 cards left, one of us were bound to win! There were a few other people there though.
And alas, none of us won. In fact, the person whose ticket was drawn, did not pick the right card so the game goes on! Next week it should be around $130,000!
That's enough for this week, I need to call Barb and let her know that I, I mean Maisie just peed in the corner!










.jpg)
Great job on your decor Barb! Looks like lots of fun friends time. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteAs you well know, we do like to have a good time!
DeleteHello
ReplyDeleteMaisie does not like being a dust mop. They are all so cute, love the doggie videos.
The new shelves look wonderful, I could use some here. Have a great weekend.
Maisie gives it right back to Zoey. You should see her nip at Zoeys hocks, it has to hurt like crazy!
DeleteI hope for one thing -- that it really was Maisie that pooped in the corner.
ReplyDeleteWhoever it was/is, Maisie is getting blamed for it!
DeleteI think you should be praised and given treats for not pooping in the corner, Jim! Someone needs to let Barb know before you get discouraged and start.
ReplyDeleteThe dogs are so funny! Nothing like a puppy to liven things up! Our Pip wa extremely easy to housetrain, perhaps because he had been in a kennel with outdoor access at the shelter since he was a month or two old.
I think I need to come up there and get into that game! $130, 000!
Also, Packer fan here, if i had to choose a team. Not a sports fan but I love the way the Packers are owned.by the public.
If I had not been raised in Minnesota, I would have definitely been a Packer fan. Even though as of right now I have lived in Wisconsin longer than any other state.
DeleteMaisie sounds a bit like a small child, chewing everything in sight, and then come the terrible twos! Good thing she is cute.
ReplyDeleteI continue to be impressed with Barb's creativity and diy skills. Keep peeing in the corner and she may decide she doesn't need you around. Just sayin' :p
I think she decided that years ago but for some reason keeps me around for entertainment purposes.
DeleteMaisie is so cute! How can you ever blame her for anything? Lucy just turned 2 so we have another year or so of puppy stage although it’s not the whirlwind it was from baby to 2 years old. I love the work Barb has done in the bedrooms…she has quite the talent and eye! The paint color is so rich and natural. I think next week will be your lucky week. Fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteCould you imagine? We have won a few things in our lives but nothing over couple hundred dollars.
DeleteI don't envy you t he puppy training at all!
ReplyDeleteJust when you think she has it figured out, she will defiantly look at you and squat!
DeleteGreat job Barb. Your woodworking looks awesome. Pour Maisie being blamed. Shame on you Jim lol Although I'm sure you didn't pee on the floor. :)
ReplyDeleteYou married well, didn't you?! I could use a handy person...
ReplyDeleteSorry, she's taken!
ReplyDelete