Wednesday, April 1, 2015

B&W Photo Challenge


We had been invited by the McCormack's of Down the Road to take place in the five black and white photo challenge.
This first photo was easy for me as I thought about publishing it in B&W this first time I saw it. It is a photo of the Morning Glory Natural Bridge taken outside of Moab a couple of weeks. When I see this photo in B&W I imagine the first settlers that rode up this canyon and saw this formation and wonder what they thought.

You really have to click on it and enlarge it to appreciate the contrast and beauty.

 
Morning Glory Natural Bridge

 As part of the challenge I am to nominate a fellow blogger each of the five days to join in and take part. So today I nominate Scott & Detra from  The Wandering Whelan Wagon.  We met Scott, Detra and Abby in Yuma this past January. They are on their first year on the road and are a really great couple with an interesting blog.  

The only rules of the challenge are:

1. On five consecutive days, create a post using a recent or past photograph in black and white.

2. Invite another blogging friend each day to join in the challenge.

3 comments:

  1. That's a cool picture Jim. I like the fluffiness of the trees against the jagged rock. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just checked in Jim and I'll start looking through my photos. Love what you've put up so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been interesting to convert some of these photos into B&W and see the changes.

      Delete