One of the benefits of having Maisie is being able to blame pretty much everything on the puppy. "Who chewed on the remote?", Maisie I would reply. Who ate the last piece of pie?, Maisie of course. Who pooped in the corner? You guessed it, Maisie.
Yes, life is good having little Maisie to blame things on, I can get away with pretty much everything. So far Dakota and Zoey have not caught on to this game, they are behaving themselves like good girls, but I am taking full advantage! Who can blame me really? Sweet little Maisie gets all the attention. She eats all her food and she gets praised; Good girl Maisie. She comes when called, then gets a treat. She goes to the bathroom outside and gets a pat on the head. I do all those things to and get nothing! No praise, no treat, no pat on the head! Who can blame me if I take advantage of the situation and blame things on Maisie once in a while.
Puppy training is two steps forward one step back, there are wins and losses, but the wins are getting more frequent and losses less frequent. Anyone who has owned a Frenchie knows what I speak of. The normal stages of dog ownership are; Puppy (0-8 months), Adolescent (8-18 months, Young Adult (1.5 years-4 years), Maure Adult (4-7 years) and Senior (7+ years). Of course, this varies from breed to breed and even individual dogs.
The Frenchie has totally different stages starting out at the cute and cuddly puppy stage, then comes the velociraptor stage (4-12 months). This is the stage where they terrorize the house ripping things apart and making noises that could only come from a velociraptor. If you survive this stage, you are rewarded with the Stubborn stage (2-4 years) where they will do whatever they want with no regard to what you want. Then finally, comes the stage you have been waiting for. The stage why you wanted a Frenchie in the first place; The Potato stage (4+ years). This is the stage that Zoey is at, she just lays around next to you or on your lap all day long only getting the zoomies once or twice a day.
I have a couple videos for you this week. We will start off with this short one of Zoey using Maisie as a dust mop.
Last but not least, is the downstairs bathroom where she made this shelf out of more sugar pine.
I am plugging away at the trim on the garage. The soffit and facia are all done, as are the gable rakes on both ends and the last piece of red I needed to put up. Now I am working on the corner trim. With luck, I will have picture of the completed garage for you next time!
Ryan, Alana, Dan and Bonnie came over for the Vikings/Packer game last Sunday. Oh my gosh did we have a good time. Three Frenchies, two labs and 6 people. Too hard to get pictures and videos of the dogs as they were racing around like crazy for the first hour or so.
Once they settled down the antics began. When Alana was not looking Barb snuck a Packers jersey on Sophie. Both Alana and Sophie were mortified!
Not to be outdone, Alana had brought some antics of her own, dressing Zoey and Maisie up in the dreaded purple and gold!
Throughout the game, we ate and ate and ate, had a few cocktails and played dice games while we watched the game in the background.
The Vikings were getting pounded, it was not looking good. I kept telling Alana that we were a 2nd half team and we would come back. And come back we did! The Vikings scored 22 unanswered points to bring us our first victory of the year. Alana was so overjoyed she even did the Vikings theme song for us!
Good times. Then yesterday, we get this picture from Alana....
She had stolen our Packers jersey! She says it was because she never wants to see her precious Sophie ever humiliated with it again, but we know better. She is really a closet Packers fan!
Friday night, you guessed it, Queen of Hearts at the VFW. $116,000! This week we were joined by not only Dan and Bonnie, but also Kevin and Cheryl and Neighbor Jim and Carmen. With only 6 cards left, one of us were bound to win! There were a few other people there though.
And alas, none of us won. In fact, the person whose ticket was drawn, did not pick the right card so the game goes on! Next week it should be around $130,000!
That's enough for this week, I need to call Barb and let her know that I, I mean Maisie just peed in the corner!










.jpg)
Great job on your decor Barb! Looks like lots of fun friends time. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteAs you well know, we do like to have a good time!
DeleteHello
ReplyDeleteMaisie does not like being a dust mop. They are all so cute, love the doggie videos.
The new shelves look wonderful, I could use some here. Have a great weekend.
Maisie gives it right back to Zoey. You should see her nip at Zoeys hocks, it has to hurt like crazy!
DeleteI hope for one thing -- that it really was Maisie that pooped in the corner.
ReplyDeleteWhoever it was/is, Maisie is getting blamed for it!
DeleteI think you should be praised and given treats for not pooping in the corner, Jim! Someone needs to let Barb know before you get discouraged and start.
ReplyDeleteThe dogs are so funny! Nothing like a puppy to liven things up! Our Pip wa extremely easy to housetrain, perhaps because he had been in a kennel with outdoor access at the shelter since he was a month or two old.
I think I need to come up there and get into that game! $130, 000!
Also, Packer fan here, if i had to choose a team. Not a sports fan but I love the way the Packers are owned.by the public.
If I had not been raised in Minnesota, I would have definitely been a Packer fan. Even though as of right now I have lived in Wisconsin longer than any other state.
DeleteMaisie sounds a bit like a small child, chewing everything in sight, and then come the terrible twos! Good thing she is cute.
ReplyDeleteI continue to be impressed with Barb's creativity and diy skills. Keep peeing in the corner and she may decide she doesn't need you around. Just sayin' :p
I think she decided that years ago but for some reason keeps me around for entertainment purposes.
DeleteMaisie is so cute! How can you ever blame her for anything? Lucy just turned 2 so we have another year or so of puppy stage although it’s not the whirlwind it was from baby to 2 years old. I love the work Barb has done in the bedrooms…she has quite the talent and eye! The paint color is so rich and natural. I think next week will be your lucky week. Fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteCould you imagine? We have won a few things in our lives but nothing over couple hundred dollars.
DeleteI don't envy you t he puppy training at all!
ReplyDeleteJust when you think she has it figured out, she will defiantly look at you and squat!
DeleteGreat job Barb. Your woodworking looks awesome. Pour Maisie being blamed. Shame on you Jim lol Although I'm sure you didn't pee on the floor. :)
ReplyDeleteAlthough there are probably people in this world who would actually do that and blame it on the dog, I am not one of them.
DeleteYou married well, didn't you?! I could use a handy person...
ReplyDeleteSorry, she's already taken!
DeleteMaisie is so darn cute. When I first got Falcor he was 6 months old and he chewed on everything. Mostly the shoes. My late husband was so mad that his shoes and slippers got chewed to hell and back. lol I told him not to leave them on the floor.
ReplyDeleteAnything you leave laying around is fair game. Today alone she got my shoes, phone, eye glasses and my wrist brace!
DeleteI need a Barb in my life. The room looks great.. love the green color she chose. love love the shelves.
ReplyDeleteIt seems to me you have an eye for things as well, I have seen it in many of your photographs.
DeleteBarb has really made so many beautiful wooden treasures!
ReplyDeleteLove seeing all the dogs--even in embarrassing costumes--LOL!
Looks like you guys had a grand time! :)
The dogs are very tolerant of our costumes and antics.
DeleteCute is Maise and it's a shame she gets blamed.
ReplyDeleteBarb did a great job with the furniture/bedroom etc, and it does look good.
She earns every blame she gets, even if she didn't actually do it!
DeleteBarb has a real sense of style to match her many other skills. I echo others in saying you are one lucky man. :)
ReplyDeleteI certainly don't have the eye for it. i thought things looked just fine the way they were, but I do agree, this looks much better.
DeleteBarb should really become an interior decorator. Her feng shui is amazing. I would never have the patience for puppy training. It looks exhausting.
ReplyDeleteMe too! That way she is spending someone else's money instead of ours!
DeleteBarb does great work. I think I won't direct my wife's attention to this post or I might get more things added to my already lengthy honey-do list.
ReplyDeleteIf only I knew your last name, I could look her up on Facebook and give her some ideas!
DeleteNice waking up this Sunday morning laughing! You are too funny! Barb once again is amazing! Those floating shelves are beautiful along with the headboard! How do you hang the shelves? Ken and Shirley :)
ReplyDeleteI am glad that I could give you a laugh this morning!
Deletegotta LOVE puppies!
ReplyDeleteMost of the time.....
DeleteDude! Barb never stops, does she? Insert respect emoji here.
ReplyDeleteNo, she does not. Something to admire and sometimes annoying as she makes me feel like a slug.
DeleteLove the headboard and floating shelves. Looks like the pups are having fun. We don't need to discuss the Packer's game.
ReplyDeleteThe Vikings are leading the division! Woohoo!
DeleteThe doggies are cute as always. Love Barbs great handi work!
ReplyDeleteIt might be time for you two to start looking at puppies!
DeleteBarb does such nice woodwork, her floating shelves are awesome! Nice video of the girls dusting the floor!
ReplyDeleteMaisie is getting bigger and bigger, it is becoming harder for Zoey to mop her around!
DeleteLovely decor and the dogs are adorable.
ReplyDeleteSometimes adorable, sometimes a nuisance!
DeleteWhat an insane house with all those dogs. Dakota is the only sane one!! I appreciate that you took time to walk down the hall and film her:) Okay...it's not fair that Barb has this much talent. The shelves are so cool. I am assuming she also made the headboard for the downstairs bedroom which is beautiful. Sorry, Jim, your project just isn't as exciting. Oh, I forgot to mention in the last blog comment that John has always said that 98% of the people are stupid. He's recently decided it's closer to 99%!!
ReplyDeleteYes, Barb did make that headboard as well. From what I can tell the one for the upstairs is out of the same material but a little shorter.
Delete